Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kids say the funniest things

Where do I begin. Savannah is a non stop chatter box. Sometimes I think she just doesn't like silence. It is as if she must fill the air with her voice to comfort herself. When I walk past her bedroom she is talking to her dolls. When she is in the room with Carter she is talking his ear off. Daddy is always telling her to be quiet when he is trying to nap,sleep or watch TV. Her biggest thing is telling lies - yes we have a innocent fibber on our hands. The other day she came home from Silvia's (preschool care) and was upset. She began to tell me how Daddy was mad at her because she was playing hide n go seek and then something about daddy hitting her i front of all the kids. Of course daddy overheard her and corrected the story by saying that Savannah would not participate in circle time and would not pick up her toys at Silvia's and no he did not hit her.---What?!!!

Her newest thing is asking if something is a bad word or for adults?? for instance when we tell the dog to "shut up", she says don't say that it is a bad word and for adults (she pronounces "adoolts"). Or when she says something like "stupid", I try to explain to her that is a bad word. She then ask is that for adults?? Oh my!!! To answer one questions leads to 20 other questions.

The other day I was getting dressed and she pointed out how I have a big butt and she has a tiny butt and then started shaking her booty. Oh my!!! If that's not a touch of salt in the wound. I guess the nice thing is she told me the other day that my tummy was small now. What a sweet heart. I guess one good thing cancels out a bad one right??

Another crazy story. The other day she was walking around the house mumbling something about Mokos (sp?), when I finally figured out she was saying boogers in Spanish. I hope she knows saying nasty words in Spanish does not make it any better - lol.

As Savannah grows and learns and explores the world around her, we are constantly amused by her interpretation of things around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment