Some of you may have heard that I have taken on the daunting task of teaching Savannah her letters of the alphabet. Recognition, knowing that words start with the letter and the sound the letter makes. After nearly 3 months of teaching her 4 letters. Yes, 4 letters she still was not getting it. Or so I thought. I was at my wits end. Talks of tutors entered my mouth, tears welled up in my eyes. It was like boot camp for Savannah in the Parris house. Everything revolved around letters. We even labeled her Christmas gifts with letters and told her she could not open her gifts until she knew the letter on the package. I know insane right? Of course we did not hold her to it, but she sure tried hard to learn her letters. Every video we let her watch had to do with letters. Every morning and evening I quizzed her on her letters. She wanted to play a game it had to do with letters. daily lessons on writing letters and then a nice chocolate treat.
Finally after all that hard work, it all paid off. Today I was told that little miss Savannah knows nearly all her letters, sounds and words that begin with the letters. I was told she knows more that the 5 year old in class with her. YES!!! finally. She knows her shapes, colors, letters, sounds, She knows how to spell her name (which is not a short name). It was a great day for mommy today. It's days like this that make me love being a mommy.
Now onto numbers.....
No comments:
Post a Comment