Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My baby Boy is 1 year


Where did the past year go?? I don't seem to recall the time flying by quite so fast with Savannah. I know it sounds cliche..... but really it feels like I just blinked my eyes and Carter was walking around.

It is strange how life changes when you have kids. I never dreamed that I would have a family. Kids always made me nervous. I never quite understood them. I was the kid that hated, I mean HATED cartoons. I was in a rush to grow up and get out. A rush for independence. I was boy crazy, but never thought of settling down.

Now here I am married for almost 10 years. I have 2 of the most beautiful kids. I work full time, and dabble with a second hobby/money maker tutu business. I am always looking for ways to make more money doing something I love. I have a strong desire to add one more baby to our family, but I am not sure if it is in our cards. I know they say timing is everything, and yet you can't wait for the perfect time for a family because everyone says it will never come, but I really do have 2 years left before I hit the big 35!! If we are going to have a 3rd child it needs to be done before my clock starts ticking.

So here I am living my life, working full time, cleaning, cooking, loving my husband, growing old and shutting 1 little girl around town to dance, swim , birthday parties and soon to start adding to that shuttling my son's activities. What keeps me sane and non stop.... the thought of seeing my kids grow up into mature christ loving children with families of their own. I have visions of holidays around the dining room table laughing and loving and rejoicing.

I dream of being a stay at home mom, but worry about paying for my children's college, or our retirement. I don't think I could ever fully commit to staying home full time. I would love to work part time when the kids are in school full time. A job that would allow me to work only during the time the kids are in school. Something that would bring in extra money for savings and to pay for cars, insurance, prom dresses, clothes, sports and college for my kids.

For now, I am loving every moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment