Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans day

The kids daycare was closed in recognition of Veterans day. Which means I had to take the day off from work. I love spending every waking moment with my kids and today was no exception. We started off the morning at 5:30 am. Let me start off by saying that this is the earliest my kids have woken up in weeks. They must have known mommy wanted to sleep in. Which is a rarity in our house. I made homemade blueberry muffins and some yummy decaf coffee (another rarity). Savannah began asking as soon as she woke up if we could go to the park. As a means of pacifying her and having some fun I broke out the craft box. Carter and Savannah had a lot of fun with the stamps, glitter glue and markers. We played for a while in the kids rooms, and then after trying to put the kids down for a nap with no relief, we headed off to the park around noon. Savannah's newest love is riding her bike to the park which then Carter rides in the stroller or rather crawls, hangs, slithers around, on top of and in the stroller (:

We had a minor boo boo accident at the park when Savannah accidentally swung the swing into Carter busting his lip and then getting blood everywhere. After some time a the park, we headed home for a movie and popcorn.

The kids love popcorn and movie time - simply because we have one of those red old fashioned popcorn machines on wheels that we roll into the living room when we have movie time. The popcorn machine gets everyone ready for a movie. Finally after trying all day, Carter took his first nap at 2:30. I snuck out to the gym while he slept and Savannah watched her movie. Daddy was on Carter duty for a little while. When I got back an hour later, Carter was awake. Apparently the kid decided an hour nap is all he needed.

The rest of the evening was the same as any weekday, dinner at 5, playing with the kids, some TV time and finally at 8:30 both kids are asleep and I get to watch my mommy shows while Dave heads off to work. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment