Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Craigslist Transactions are soooo uncomfortable

I am not a big fan of craigslist. For many of you that know me, ebay is my thing. Simply for the convenience and affordability. If there is something that I want I price check at the local stores and then finally find it on ebay for 1/2 the price. The key is to make sure you consider taxes or shipping if they apply, but for the most part you can find anything on ebay sooo much cheaper than in the store.

Which brings me to this post. I have made a total of 4 transactions on Craigslist. 2 times I was the purchaser and 2 times I was seller. In each case it was a weird situation. The first was when we sold our our office futon. The interested buyer contacted me, she was driving from about 40 miles away. This girl and her I assume brother show up late in the night almost 9pm ( which too me is too late to be having strangers over at your house) - they look it over, mumble some words, go out to there car and there they sat for 25 minutes!!! I was pregnant at the time and was not in the mood to deal with whatever they were doing, I just wanted my money and to unload this futon (which I might add was brand new!!) Soo... finally after walking back and forth they came in with the $$$ and took the futon. Weird.

Then tonight's craigslist purchase.... I had been searching for an solid wood antique/shabby chic dresser for Savannah within a decent price range. Finally yesterday, I find one for under $100. I want it and I want it bad. I email the seller right away - her name is "Rusticchic" - whatever anyway after going back and forth in email like 6x at 10pm last night, we finally are in agreement of which dresser I am interested in (apparently the girl had 6 other dressers for sale). Then nothing, I do not hear from her - until tonight when she insist on driving the dresser to my house for an extra $15 - ( she lives about 35 miles away). I agree and then tell her she needs to get here by 8pm - Her hubby arrives about 7:30ish, again it is dark and the after unloading the dresser, I give him the money - but the whole thing was weird. Is it just me?

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment