Monday, November 5, 2012

Ok... now it's time to shake it up a bit.

We purchased our home in 2005 when the market peaked. Which means our house is currently worth....oh.... 1/2 of what we purchased it for. Not to mention when we moved in we had no kids and now 2 kids later we are busting at the seams.

Now fast forward 7 years later and the market is great - for buying that is. We know we can't sell our house since it is upside down, but we could rent it out. We also know that the market is at the lowest. Along with low interest rates - NOW is the perfect time to buy.

With all that in mind we had planned on maybe attempting to purchase a second home in the new year. 

Anxious to find out what we would need to do to qualify, I contacted my dad's lender. 24 hours later (after overnighting her a package of all our qualifying documents) we were pre approved for a house in the price range we were hoping to buy. 

Sooo like any person would do... I did not wait the 5 months until the new year. I contacted a realtor and decided to see what was out there.  

Let me just say it has been a whirl wind. within 10 days I have seen 13 homes and found the home we want to buy. We have placed an offer and it was accepted. We are due to close in 4 weeks - OYE!!!

Here is a pic of our new home



So in 4 weeks we will  be owners of 2 homes. We will need to move out of our current house into our new house (first performing some repairs on the new home), then perform some repairs on our old home, placing it for rent and hopefully avoiding paying 2 mortgages. All the while still working a full time job, shutting the kids around to activities and being the best wifey I can be. Crazy insane. 

Did I mention we also switch Carter's daycare.??

No comments:

Post a Comment