I did get a little emotional as I drove her to school remembering being pregnant walking by the school and day dreaming of this day. The day my little girl would start school. I remember after she was born taking her for walks in the stroller. Walking by this school. I remember her getting older taking walks to the park and pointing out the school telling her that is where she will go. 5 years!!! flew by so fast.
I think I am more emotional now thinking about how I wished I was a stay at home mom and was able to of waited to start working when she started school. I wish I could have spent every morning, every afternoon playing, learning and building memories. I cherish the evenings and the weekends we had and the vacations. Now I have Carter 3 years old and 3 more years before he starts school. By then Savannah will be in the 3rd grade. Time flies.
Here are some pics of Savannah on her first day. So cute, so innocent, so excited so eager. I pray God takes care of her. I pray she never loses her love for life. I pray she continues to respect and look up to her family and puts her faith and her family first above all else. I pray that she keeps good friendship that she does not get mixed up with the wrong friends. I pray she works hard and achieves whatever she wants in life.
Dave and I made it a special Day for Savannah. We went to school with her. Met her teacher learned where she would be sitting each day. It was a short 2 hour day. We then took her out for a late brunch and then went to the movies. It was a fantastic day. A day she will always remember. A day for Savannah.
No comments:
Post a Comment