Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter


Publish Post
I feel bad, I thought I would blog more. But life gets busy. I just discovered a company that prints and binds your blogs. AWESOME!!! and also a motivator. I am going to keep on this blog thingy. I think it will be great for the kids to read about our adventures we had when they were little.

soooo. that brings me to Easter - bunny day.

I love Easter. It reminds me of the little pastel dresses my mom would make me wear, with the lacy roll over socks, white patent leather mary janes and matching purse and hat. As a kid my parents never went to church together except on Easter. It was a tradition for us to wake up super early attend the sunrise service on Mt. Helix and then head back home to hunt for eggs.

To show my anticipation for Easter this year, I planned Savannah's and Carters outfits in February - lol.




We headed down to Ronald Reagan Sports Park on Saturday for their annual Easter egg hunt. I was super excited for Carter to be involved in his first egg hunt. Carter had other ideas. I think it may have been the mass crowding of parents and little kids or the separation from his sissy (she was in a different age group for the hunt), but he would not let me put him down. I even tried to get down on my knees and show him how it's done - picking up candy placing it in his basket. Nope - not having it. Finally I gave up and we left our corral and went to find his sissy.
Needless to say no pics of him collecting candy. Oh well maybe next year.

Savannah was a pro this year. After 3 years of attendance she was a contender this year. When Carter and I found her we discovered her basket was full and overflowing. That's my girl.

We headed back home and enjoyed a small bbq with our friends the Lott's.

Sunday it rained so we attended church and then came home to watch movies and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment