Sunday, May 8, 2011

Swim Class



Spring is here!! Everyone shout YAY!!!. I love Spring about as much as I love the Fall. Spring means more time outside, playing in the backyard and hanging out by the pool. This time of the year also means swim lessons. This is the first year for Carter's swim lessons (at 19 months old) and for Savannah it is old hat. Savannah has taken swim lessons every year since she was 10 months old. I am lucky my kids are water bugs. They love taking baths, showers, playing in the sprinklers, pool and jacuzzi. When they were both babies, I would use the bath time as a way to calm them down when they were crying inconsolable.

The first day of swim Carter was unsure of the structure of the class. He was cool just chillin in the pool and not following direction. I figured I would just let him do his thing and get used to being in a class with other kids. Savannah was off on her own class on the other side of the pool and ruling the class. She was going under water, floating on her back, doing her kicks showing the other kids how it's done - she loves being the teachers pet (:

The rest of the swim classes this week were a little better for Carter. He prevails at jumping in the pool from the side and doing his crab crawls along the ledge. Every once in a while he will cooperate and do his bubble blowing but forget about kicking his leg and arms he just won't budge. Which surprises me because every night I have to tell him to stop kicking his feet and splashing the water out of the tub -lol.

One thing is for certain, Mr. Carter is a bit of a flirt. Maybe he has learned it from his big sissy. He finds anytime he can to get the teachers attention and then smile and bat his long eyelashes at her. While the rest of the class is learning to float on their backs or kick their legs - Carter is using a pool toy to squirt water at the teacher and smile and giggle at her. What a ham!!

I guess we will see what next week holds for our little water monkeys.








No comments:

Post a Comment