Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mini Getaway




It's Wednesday and I am still trying to recuperate from a fun packed 48 hours. Is it just me or does a vacation always seem to need a couple days of relaxing after it is over.

Anyway.... Friday was busy. I had 2 inspections and worked all the way up to the end of the day, not taking a lunch to get everything done. Luckily Silvia (daycare) dropped the kids off at 4:00, we then loaded up in the car to drop daddy off at Enterprise Rent A Car to pick up our SUV (we always rent one to make the 5 hour drive more comfortable). Dave came home, switched out the car seats into the rental, and then proceeded to tell me the car has a funky smell. I leaned in and could smell the nastiness. We didn't have time to figure it out, I went into the house brought out the air freshener and sprayed away. After packing 2 kids and myself (I know last minute... so no typical of me), we loaded in the car and were on the road by 6pm. The smell was horrendous and could not be masked by my air freshener. Dave even contemplated switching the car out when we got to Phoenix, whereby I advised him that it would be a different State and they would probably not allow that. After much debate we decided to live with it and when we got back from our trip we would complain to the branch.

The kids were the best they have ever been on this 5 hour trip ( This is the 3rd time we have taken it). No crying, no screaming, no pulling hair, no hitting. They ate their happy meals watched TV and were angels the whole trip.

We arrived at our resort at 11:15pm. The kids were excited to be back in the same hotel we stayed at last September. As soon as we arrived in our room, they made their way to the beds so they could jump and toss pillows in the air. Is it bad that my kids know so much about hotels, room service and everything that goes along with it? Carter is 20 months old and has stayed in 5 hotels.

After almost 2 hours the kids were finally asleep and decided that the wakeup time be 6:30am. Oh well, you win some you lose some. We ate some breakfast and then headed out to the pool. We love this resort because they have a whole pool oasis, with a waterfall, tide pool, beachy area, lazy river, jacuzzi, sports pool, water slide, miniature golf, full bar with food. AWESOME!!

After room service and some naps, we headed over to my sister in laws house for a family dinner and birthday celebration (my brother in law). We also got to hang out with my niece Lydia (I have not see in 8 years) and her husband (I had never met). Both Anna and Lydia are pregnant and having boys and due in July and September - so much fun. After yummy dinner and an awesome cake made by my other niece Lauren (look at the yummy cake in the pic), we headed back to the hotel.

Sunday the kids slept in until almost 8am, but mommy was up and could not sleep. We repeated the rituals of Sat minus the naps - pool, room service, NO naps and then headed over the Anna's house again to hang out before we got on the road again.

Finally at 6pm (yes 48 hours after we started our road trip) we got back in the car and headed home. The ride home took 6 hours only because we stopped off 2x for fuel(Dave wanted to bring the car back on empty and could not gage the fuel tank -lol) and we stopped off for food. Again the kids were great.

I could not have asked for a better trip - minus the funky smell - which Enterprise took some $$ off our bill. Did I mention when Dave was unloading the car he found what he thinks is the culprit ( some bag of food under the seat) we left it there for Enterprise.

I am looking forward to another mini vacation soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment