This past weekend, I decided to take Thursday and Friday off to have a little family time. A long overdue weekend with the kids.
Thursday Dave had to work, but that did not stop us from hanging out at the pool. My friend Rachel joined us with her 2 kids and also brought along our other friend Jill's kids. That's right folks 6 kids and 2 adults. We were slightly outnumbered. It was a lot of fun. Savannah is pretty much self sufficient in the pool with no floaties and enjoys climbing out and jumping in the water. Carter was having so much fun watching the older kids and then playing with the super soaker that I almost forgot he was the baby in the group. We headed back to the house, just in time for the kids to take a long 2 1/2 hour nap from 3:30-6:00pm. Needless to say Daddy was happy when he got home from work and still had some peace and quiet.
The next day we headed to Sea World. It was a hard choice between renewing our zoo membership or Sea World. Sea World won this year. Once inside Sea World, we attempted to go to a show with the kids. Due to timing we chose the Cirque De La Mer. We got seated about 20 minutes early so we could get good seats and the show was about 45 minutes (I think). Carter did great. He was engaged and entertained the entire time. There was not a moment that we had to tell him to sit still or pay attention or remind him that it is almost over. It was FANTASTIC!!! After the show we headed over to the food area to grab something to eat. Apparently Carter was holding all his energy in to be a wiggle worm at lunch. The boy would not sit still. Overall both kids were great. Did I mention Savannah took 7 potty breaks over the span of 6 hours. My goodness.
Saturday was officially mommy day. I had planned this weekend over a month ago. My friend Mishelle's birthday was this past Monday, so we wanted to celebrate it with a mommy day out. Our friend Kristina joined us for a day at the spa. Mishelle drove up to meet at my house around 9:30 am, we headed straight to the spa and spent the entire day soaking up the sun, putting mud on ourselves, getting painted with some type of green stuff, enjoying the saline baths and mineral baths. It was the most relaxing day I have had in a LONG time. I was so tired when I got home at 6:00 pm, that I fell quickly asleep by 9:00pm.
Sunday was our usual church in the morning. I drove separate to church this time so I could leave immediately afterwards to head over my friend Jill's house. Both Jill, Rachel and I headed down to Oceanside to play Bingo. B I N G O. It was held at the local Elks Club. If you know me. When I find something funny (crazy funny thoughts)... like the fact that we were the youngest people amongst a sea of about 150 elderly, I cannot stop smiling. That was me when we walked in... smile's galore. Finally after it all settling in that I was really doing this, it was game on. I enjoyed myself. I can definitely see myself playing Bingo again... at the Elks Club. When we left I made Jill take a pic with me in front the Elk. Rachel chickened out.
No comments:
Post a Comment