Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Working from home with kids is hard

Thursday my daycare lady told me that her uncle had passed away and that the viewing and service would be Friday and Saturday respectably. After clearing it with my supervisor I got the OK to work from home of Friday (my last day in my old position).

To make a long story short, my daycare lady called with change of plans. The kids need to stay home with my Monday and Tuesday. I then cleared it with my new manager (who is soo cool).

For 3 days I juggled working and entertaining the kids. I am sweating just thinking about it.

Friday was ok because I had nothing really to do that day. I met my friend Amber and her son at Lake Harveston for  a walk around the lake and some play time for the kids at the jungle gym. It was a beautiful day.


The ducks at the Lake were so aggressive. They kept wanting to come up to Carter in masses. Maybe they sensed he is my little animal whisperer.



Monday was a little different. It was my first day in my new position at work. I was trying not to look like a slacker so I was bent on entertaining the kids and doing my normal work load. At the end of the day, I was exhausted. On top of that, the kids did not take any naps. The best part of the day was when the mailman arrived with a package from work containing all my new goodies (printer, camera, voice recorder). The kids played with the box and bubble wrap for a good hour.


Today was my day to have a nervous breakdown. I nearly did. On top of having to work from home with the kids, did I mention the kids and everyone have been sick, the weather wet and no naps makes for a VEEERRRYY LONGGG DAYYY. 

I tried to stay busy working, cooking and cleaning in between entertaining and reading claim files.

To break of the monotony of watching TV, teaching Savannah her sight words and a couple flash cards for Carter, I decided to let the kids make cookies. Which in retrospect was a bad idea because sugar only hyped them up.


So here I am at the end of a very long couple days and I am ready for a break.


No comments:

Post a Comment