Yesterday I took the day off from work. Since Dave ended up not getting the day off, I made a day trip down to San Diego to visit my dad. The kids were so excited. They love hanging out with grandpa. Grandma had to work, but that did not stop us from making a quick stop off at her work so the kids and her could give huggies and kissies. Then we headed off to the mall to ride the double decker carousel. Carter picked the zebra and Savannah the seal (which surprised me). I thought for sure she would have picked the pretty sea horse.
After Carter had his terrible "2" fit over his shoes, we all headed back to the car and off to the local park so the kids could get their energy out. I made sure to bring the scooters. They love showing off their skills on the scooters. Grandpa was extremely impressed by Carter's balancing skills and speed on the scooter.
The day flew by. After lunch and some lemon tree picking back at grandpa's house I was back on the road to avoid traffic. We celebrated "daddy's" birthday with a red velvet cake and traditional irish corned beef and sauerkraut sandwiches for dinner.
Today, Dave took the day off from work, so we dropped the kids off at daycare and headed down to San Diego. We stopped off at Sprinkles cupcakes and picked up cupcakes. I originally planned a picnic, but the weather was cold and just not a fun day to freeze our butts off drinking wine and eating cheese in a park.
We stopped off in Balboa Park and walked through the Museum of Art. We both enjoyed the couple hours of looking and discussing the art. We both agreed that European - Renaissance Art was our favorite.
Here is a pic outside the museum. Can you tell it was cold. Silly Dave left his jacket in the car- but he admitted he was freezing. lol.
We decided to head over to Sea Port Village to walk around and have lunch. After a delicious meal of ceviche and Nicoise salad and a super yummy Key Lime martini, we headed home to pick up the kids from daycare.
tomorrow we have a date planned for dinner at SouthCoast winery and some drinks/dancing at Pechanga. I will post more on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment