A while back I saw this idea on Pinterest and made a mental note to do it someday. I saw the idea again come across a "pin" and put my thoughts into action. After all time is fleeting and it it needs to be done sooner than later for it to work.
What you ask is this pressing idea?? First let me preface by saying I am a planner. It is a crutch and a positive in my character qualities. I am already thinking of when the kids are teenagers what cars they will drive, how we will be able to afford the $$$ crazy expensive clothes they want.... or college.... there will be a 1 year overlap where both kids will be in college at the same time. I have talked about where the kids will likely settle down and get married and grow their families and how I would like to live close to them to raise my grandkids.
So when I saw the idea of taking a picture of your daughter dressing up in my wedding dress to be later used in the slideshow at her wedding shower or wedding, it was right up my alley.
Lucky for me I did not have the funds at the time (I was in college, Dave was just out of college) to preserve my wedding dress, so it still hangs up my closet in a plastic garment bag. Also lucky for me it is still white rather than yellow... 11 years later. Lets hope it stays white for another 20!!
so without further a du here is the pic of Savannah in my wedding dress. It brings tears to my eyes.



No comments:
Post a Comment