In light of my recent absence from blogging. Here is the most up to date stuff.
Savannah started her Spring Season of Soccer. Her team - not so good. We spend the entire game watching Savannah run from goal post to goal post defending the balls and then running and scoring. Needless to say she is getting exhausted. I feel so bad for her. She wants to win so bad, but it gets to a point when you realize she needs to move onto a more competitive team.
Which brings me to my next topic. Club soccer. I ran into my daycare's next door neighbor. Her daughter is a phenomenon. She is super smart (top of her class) and super good at soccer. Her mom approached me about getting Savannah on the Hawk's club team. Savannah is too young at this point, but the mom talked to the coach and the coach wants Savannah to come out for one of their practices. WHAT!!! I am so excited. What an opportunity. This Tuesday Savannah gets to practice with the big girls..... and if she is good enough she can join their team. It is sort of a try out. We will see how it goes. I mean she is only 5 years old!!. We have been trying to prep Savannah for the try out. This weekend she had a soccer game and we took her out both Saturday and Sunday to practice her moves. I guess we will see what happens.
Savannah is in the beginning stages of her recital practices for dance. The costumes are ordered and super cute. Think green flapper meets toddler jazz class. More on the dance class in later post.
Saturday my parents came up to celebrate Easter. We headed down to the local Sports Park for an Easter Egg hunt and then came back to prep the food only to head back to the same park for Savannah's soccer game.
With the help of Leila, I made some yummy food - Springs Rolls with a dipping sauce, Sweet Potatoes with a spicy aioli sauce, and fruit flavored water. Later in the night I made a ice box cake with strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate Ganache.
Today the kids woke up excited that the Easter bunny had been here. Smart of me to setup the baskets last night so I didn't have to get out of bed early to do it. Here are a few pics of the kids opening their Baskets and Carter making a funny face.
Happy Easter To All and to All a Good Night (:
No comments:
Post a Comment