Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day- Painting

This year for Mother's day I decided I wanted to do something different. I was bored with the whole go out to brunch stuff. So I ran across this groupon for wine and painting. It sounded like so much fun I could not pass it up.

I invited my stepmom and she in turn invited her mom. It was 3 generations of fun. It all worked out perfectly because the day of the class I had a claim down in San Diego, so I was able to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I drove over to my parents new rental property they purchased. I spent some time with dad and then headed back to their house to continue working. Leila got off work and we met up with her mom and headed over the the wine bar.

It was really cool. There were long tables with easels for each chair, a smock, paint brushes and paints. In front of the class was a blank canvas where the instructor would be showing us step by step the lesson and along side her was a completed painting of what we would be painting that day.

We arrived a little early, ordered and cheese and fruit plate and then some glasses of wine. The bar also allows you to bring your own bottle and pay a cork fee.

We sipped wine while we painted, chatted and laughed. We had a really great time. Our painting was "Olive Trees" by Van Gogh.

Here are some of our pictures from the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment