Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blythe Blythe Blythe







Not 2 weeks later and we are off to another get away. What would memorial weekend be without a trip to the river. Our friends the Tinnin's invited us to join them for a weekend at the river. They had recently purchased a motorhome and convinced Dave (who despises camping) that it would be like a hotel on wheels.

Again we packed up right after work and headed out to the desert, another 3-4 hour drive. It was late and dark and we had never been to the campground before, so we ended up getting lost. Lucky that we have cell phones. What would we do without cell phones. We called Justin to meet us at the local gas station. We finally met up and arrived at our camp spot.

The next morning the sun was up super early. Like the sun, so were the kids. We thought it was 7 or 8am, but in reality was it was only 5:45am!!! The water was gorgeous. After a hearty breakfast prepared by Justin. We then tested out our skills on the waverunners. I am sooo a convert now. I need a boat or a set of ski's. I love them. Both the kids had a blast. We each took turns taking the kids out and also going out by ourselves. We ended the day hanging out at the sandbar. Savannah rode the boat back and said she had so much fun.

Oh did I mention that Carter fell asleep while riding between Dave and I on the waverunner. We could not believe it, but he was out like a light switch. Nothing would wake him. I wish I had pics of him sleeping on the ski.

We are looking forward to our next river trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment