





Today we decided to check out the San Diego Fair. For those of you with kids, you know going to a fair is a big event. Just getting everything packed and out the door takes proper planning. Last night I decided I was going to make sure this morning ran smooth and organized. I packed the kids clothes for the week, Savannah's swimsuits for her swim class and then all of the stuff we would need for the fair.
I was so thankful I took some extra time to make sure all this stuff was done. We were out the door and on the road by 9:15am. It took us about an hour to get to the fair. Luckily we had already purchased our tickets and ride tickets in advance.
We first hit up the animals. This is a kid favorite and a mommy favorite. I love petting the cute little goats and seeing the large cows. Carter is our animal lover and could not stop shouting "wow" and "look". We then got something to eat - the typical fair food, hot dogs and hamburgers, nothing too special. After that we walked around the exhibits. Finally we headed over to "kiddie land" where they have all the younger toddler rides. Carter is not our thrill seeker after about 1 minute on the merry go round he was done and wanted to get off, then we headed over to the bumble bee ride. Again Carter had this nervous look on his face 1/2 into the ride and started saying "no, no no" while Savannah threw her hands in the air and screamed "weee, yaayyy". We really do have polar opposites when it comes to their adventurism. After these rides we decided no more rides for little Carter. Savannah took on the roller coaster and faster rides. She is the only one on those rides with her hands in the air screaming. The last ride was for Carter. We let him ride a little train with Dave. He almost fell asleep on the ride - lol.
Before leaving we stopped off for some sugary sweets - cotton candy and a fried Klondike bar. I had a bite of the Klondike bar - not soo good. It was not bad, but it was not what I was expecting.
On the way home we stopped for some more sugar ( More sugar then the kids have in a given week), and got some slurpies. Now we are relaxing at home. I hope this week speeds on by. Next weekend is the 4th and we have a small bbq planned for Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment