




4th of July this year lands on a Monday!! bummer. Usually we host our annual 4th of July BBQ on the actual day, but this year we decided to switch things up a bit. Saturday was the big day. Last minute, I called the party rental company to get some tables, chairs and an easy up. Yay!!! for the Jolly Jumps. Sat at 9am, they arrived, setup everything and we were good to start our day. I drove down to Walmart picked up some cheap decorating stuff and got to work. I love planning parties, but of course I always do it on a budget. I picked up some cheap flags, table clothes, red paper boxes, balloons and and used some rocks as weights in the boxes.
Everyone arrived around 2:30pm. Keeping with the new tradition of switching things up a bit, we invited some of our new friends we have made over the last couple years, mixed it with some old friends and we had ourselves a good ol' time.
Dave was the head chef grill'in up some apple sausages, chicken and ribs. I made sure to have the fruit and veggie platter, potato salad, fruit salad, 3 bean salad, and of course the corn (which I forgot all about until it was too late).
Someone (not sure if it was Mark or Joe) decided to put the kiddie pool at the bottom of the slide, run some water down the slide and make it into a slip n slide with a landing in the kiddie pool. The kids had a blast with it.
We wrapped up around 7pm. Everyone left with full tummies and a feeling good. ha ha.
I love 4th of July. Tomorrow we will head down to the local parade and then head over in the evening to the sports park for fireworks.
No comments:
Post a Comment