Monday, October 31, 2011

Do we dress up for the kids or for us??

Halloween - yes sad but true is one of my favorite times of the year - shhh don't tell. Before you go on your rant about the foundation of what Halloween stands for - I don't care.  I think of Halloween as a time to be a kid again. A time to dress up and eat loads and loads of candy. To go on hayrides and get lost it corn mazes (but not call 911, like that family from po dunk town).

I trick or treated until my Senior year in High School.

It may have been the only time of the year or rather the only holiday that my parents were not at each other's throats.  - case in point, I love Halloweenie. Also note, Orange is my favorite color, I love to wear boots, I love scarves, drinking hot tea, picking apples... all things fall.

So every year I choose a theme for the family to dress up as. This year it was super heroes. Carter was Captain America, Savannah Supergirl, Dave was Thor and I was Cat Woman.


Our friends the Tinnin's stopped by with their adorable sone Braden to trick or treat with our kids. Carter loves Braden and kept wanting to grab his hand and show him the way.




All the kids were having so much fun trick or treating.




That was until this man scared the willies out of Carter. From that point on Carter would not walk wanted to be held. He kept saying "scared".


I hope everyone had a safe Halloween - until next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment