Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My head is about ready to explode with all this thinking

This week has been hard. I have lost so much sleep and I am exhausted. First - Sunday, Dave split his tooth sometime in the middle of night = $460 worth of dental work. GREAT!!! - note the sarcasm.

This has started me thinking. I really want to have another baby, but can we afford it. That would mean more out the door for full time childcare, medical, sports/activities, vacations, car, insurance, college, weddings. - My head is literally going to explode.

I have been praying and asking God to send me a sign. Then Wednesday my supervisor approaches me about doing 40 hours of OT this coming week with some additional out of territory pay.  So then I take it as God is saying all will work out financially. He is saying the money will come

Just when I thought all was well. I am having my quarterly review at work today. I am meeting and exceeding all my goals. I have been doing this job for 4 years now ( minus 6 months I had off for Carter). She says there is an opportunity for a promotion to a different department. This would mean more travel, but also more time working from home. It would also mean that having another baby would be out of the question. Have I mentioned that my head is going to explode?? I am so confused. Why the mixed signs. I literally want to jump for joy and cry at the same time.

I am in a really great place at work. My schedule works for me, I love my co-workers. It is comfortable. But also know that  I need to take opportunities when they come. Then I get frustrated because I waited so long to have kids. I wouldn't be in a rush to have a 3rd if I was still in my 20's.

Dilemma Dilemma Dilemma

No comments:

Post a Comment