My friend Aimee, posted on her Facebook page about pumpkin chili. Of course I was intrigued. Apparently so were others because she also posted the recipe.
I decided tonight I would make it - being that it is the day before Halloween. It is super easy and really delicious. Everyone loved it. Dave and I even went back for seconds.
First - I poured mea glass of this yummy champagne I bought at the store tonight. I love Wilson Creek Almond Champage. To find it as a mimosa and they also have belini - HELLO!!! it was calling my name. As soon as I go home I opened up the bottle and poured me a glass. Why not, it is a weekend. Just for the record I do not drink that much. Sometimes I go months with no drinking and then I go through a phase where I drink for 3-4 nights straight. I am currently in the later streak. ha ha
Once I had a glass poured I was ready to cook.
I took 1lb of ground turkey - browned it in a tall stock pot. Once it was browned, then I added all the rest of the ingredients: large can of kidney beans, large can of pinto beans. large can of green chili and diced tomatoes, large can of sweet corn, and a large can of pumpkin puree (although I only used half a can - so maybe an average size can would have worked). I added 2 cups of water to dilute.
I also added some chili powder, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. While the chili cooked I headed over to the park for about an hour to play with the kids. When we got back it was ready. I poured each of us a huge helping in a bowl and added shredded cheese on top. Forgot to take a pic - so I found this one online - looks just like the one I made.
It was soooo yummy. You have got to try it out.


No comments:
Post a Comment