Tuesday, November 8, 2011

what did you say?

This past Saturday Dave and I were cleaning the house. At one point we were both in the kitchen moving furniture around so we could mop the floor. Carter was standing on the barstool taking and moving magnets from the fridge. He was talking to himself. All of a sudden we heard him starting to count 1-3-5-6-7-8-9.... Dave and I both looked at eachother.... then 10-11-12-13-14-15. WHAAA . That was both Dave and mines response.  We could not believe that our son with the exception of missing a few numbers could count all the way to 15!!! at 25 months old.

To amaze us even more is that we have never taught him and according to Savannah neither has SIlvia, our daycare provider.  He must have picked it up somewhere.

Every day Carter surprises us. With Savannah we were constantly teaching, instructing preparing her for school. With Carter being out second child we have taken the relaxed approach.

I predict Carter is going to be the kid to surprise us his whole life. He is the quiet one.The kid with the one liners. The smile that melts your heart because you worked so hard to see it. He is my thinker. I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve next.

No comments:

Post a Comment