Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Cyber Monday

Today they call it Cyber Monday because most the online businesses are offering some type of awesome discount on merchandise. I am almost complete with my shopping. I just have a few more gifts to get for little people. I will have to check out some online stores to see if there is anything good out there.

The past few years we have made a decision to buy only for the kids. Those under the age of 18. How many of you do that? It all makes sense to me. Since the point of gifts at Christmas is really for the kids. It also eliminates receiving or giving gifts just for the sake of getting something.  How many times have you received a gift you never intended to use or wear only to end up re-gifting it (oooh I said out loud didn't I).

Other than Cyber Monday. Today is a great day. I received an early call from one of the managers at work offering me the promotion I had applied and interviewed for. Of course I accepted.

If you recall I had been toggling in my mind what to do. I decided to go for it. The offer presented itself. I had  really great conversations with my supervisor, co workers and managers about the position and all it has to offer. There is so many benefits to the job. The main thing is setting my own schedule. Working in the field 2 days a week and 3 days at home. With Savannah going to start Kindergarten in the Fall, I will be able to drop her off and potentially pick her up from school. This is a dream. I am not sure how many mom's out there are able to do this, but to be a full time working mom and be able to do this is a blessing.

As far as future babies. I am not sure it is our cards. I would have loved to have had another baby, but time is ticking and so are opportunities.....

If anyone wants to win the lottery and give me their winnings - sign me up!!! ha ha. Until that time mama's got to work for these little bugga boos.

No comments:

Post a Comment