Saturday, November 12, 2011

If I could have a dream house - this is what it would be





Ya know a girls gotta dream.... but after looking on Pinterest I thought I would post what my dream house would look like.

Sooo for your amusement here is a list


  • wrap around porch
  • hard wood floors throughout
  • large country kitchen with a single large sink ( I love the idea of having a mixture of texture - brick, granite, wood) with ivory cabinets maybe a kitchen island with a different color wood base.
  • sitting nook with an oversized window overlooking a large green grassy knoll
  • library with books floor to ceiling with one of those rolling ladders attached to the wall
  • Either a basement or a large bonus room that I can convert to a media room/playroom with a built in screen/projector, oversized couches, built in shelves for toys, popcorn machine (I already have this one). 
  • Gym
  • Large master closet with a large built in cabinet in the center and built in shelves
  • office
  • Master Suite with a fireplace and separate sitting area
  • Master bathroom with fireplace (this can be the same fireplace that can viewed between the master bedroom and master bathroom
  • Chandelier above the jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom
  • Large shower with jets on every wall and ceiling
  • Steam Room in the master bathroom or gym
  • Beautiful view from the master bathroom jacuzzi tub so I can relax and look out
  • 3 bedrooms for the kids
  • Butlers pantry
  • Large Laundry room on the 1st floor (because I know enough water damage to have one on the 2nd floor- lol)
  • Large staircase at the entry like gone with the wind style
  • Mud Room, with a sitting bench
  • 4 car garage
  • Large pool in the backyard with a swim up bar which has a flat screen, bbq, flat grill, refrigerator, storage
  • a stone fireplace in the backyard with wrap around stone bench and lounge set
  • a separate pool house or granny flat
  • a large flat driveway with basketball hoop
  • maybe Tennis courts
  • Entry in the house is ope vaulted ceilings with a round table with fresh flowers
So that's it. I am sure I could add or will add to the list - but that is my dream house. If I win the lottery or someone decides to give me a ton of money - that is the house that I am building.

No comments:

Post a Comment